Home Forums Themes Support Formota Frontend Editor

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  admin 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    jeremey
    Supported

I just purchased your theme and I cannot get the Frontend editor / Visual Composer to work? I even purchased the license for WPBakery and still nothing so that is frustrating and costly.

• This topic was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  jeremey.

Hi,
    Thanks for contacting us and choosing our product!
    About your issue with Frontend Editor, now default is disable by theme function.
    However you can enable it by steps:
    – Step 1: Go to path {yourwebroot}/wp-content/themes/formota/framework/vc_extension then open file functions.php
    – Step 2: Find this code on line 20 and delete or comment this:
    add_action( 'vc_after_init', 'haru_remove_frontend_links' );
    Hope this help you!

Best regards,
    HaruTheme

Thank you very much! I will try that tomorrow morning. Will this have any negative effect on the website? I’m curious why it was disabled – you must’ve done that for a reason – I just don’t want to do anything that will mess up anything.

One more question: I cannot seem to find any way to edit the footer EXCEPT for having to edit the actual code itself. Is there not even a back-end editor to do this?

Hi,
    Thanks for your feedback!
    We’ll return Frontend Editor in next version!
    You can easy edit Footer with WP Bakery page builder.
    You need change Role Manager like this video tutorial:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtQ0dd0h3L0 (We already said in our document too).
    Also our channel have more videos to help you customize each section of theme.
    Hope this help you!

Best regards,
    HaruTheme

I deleted the line of code in the functions.php as you instructed but the frontend editor is still not working.

Also, on the VIDEO posts I do not want the date posted, the views or the “share on social media links” – how do I remove these items? All I want is the title and if I write a description of the project. I may have to look for another theme because this one is quite limited in my control and the frontend also seems to be an issue.

Hi,
    We have just checked frontend editor when delete the code and it’s working fine:
    http://prntscr.com/ku6ldd
    http://prntscr.com/ku6mfc
    – The second issue with video details page you can customize it using child theme:

How to customize WordPress theme using Child theme

You can follow this topic and delete any elements you want and it will keep your work when you update our theme.
    Hope this help you!

Regards,
    HaruTheme

I think I agree with you. Plus, it’s kind of misleading that the visual composer doesn’t seem to be included — even though they claim it is. I am surprised that you paid for WPBakery.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  shiloharts.
    • This reply was modified 2 months ago by  shiloharts.

We’ll check and update it!

Regards,
    HaruTheme

I’m not happy about paying for the license but I was grasping at straws to try to be able to even work with this theme. But I’m also not happy that I wasted the money on not only the full license for WPBakery but also for this theme because and I still ended up just having to walk away and buy a whole different theme that I could work with easily.

Plus, with the huge time difference (which isn’t Haru’s fault I know) you can’t get replies during normal hours so every question will take roughly a full day to get a reply and then if it doesn’t work it’s another day – that just doesn’t work FOR ME. I need to get things done.

This particular theme looks good on the demo and may work for those who are just swapping out a few elements and text but it just wasn’t customizable enough FOR ME (if you’re someone who can dig through the code for every little adjustment you’d probably be fine – but then you probably wouldn’t be buying a template). Plus, as you said, it’s very misleading how it’s presented in the store and not nearly as easy to work with as advertised.

Oh well, it’s in the past now.

Hi,
    Thanks for your feedback and your ideas. We’ll research more to improve and update our theme in future.
    However hope this videos tutorial can help you customize our theme: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnOxXtfrkgq92wgqJCBi55g/videos?view_as=subscriber
    Thanks once again!

Best regards,
    HaruTheme

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.