April 18, 2017 at 2:45 am #535
After you purchased the theme from ThemeForest, you’ll be able download theme package.
When you downloaded theme package you extract and get folders like this:
- Document: all tutorial and description about our theme
- Licensing: license of theme
- milo-xxx.zip: main theme file to install.
- milo-xxx-child.zip: install and use this if you want to customize our theme. (You need to install main theme file first).
There are 2 ways to install WordPress theme
1. Install theme via WordPress Dashboard
- Step 1: Navigate to Appearance >> Themes
- Step 2: Click Add New, then click Upload Theme >> Choose File
- Step 3: Navigate the .zip file on your computer and click “Install Now”
- Step 4: Activate the newly installed theme by going to Appearance > Themes and clicking the Activate button.
- Step 5: IMPORTANT! After theme installation, at the top, you have a box with information about required and optional plugins. To install them and activate, please navigate to Appearance > Install Plugins section.
2. Install theme via FTP
SKIP THIS STEP if you have already successfully uploaded our theme via WordPress
- Step 1: BACKUP YOUR FILES! Should do it before set up anything, this is always the safest.
- Step 2: Unzip the milo-xx.zip file (usually is Extract Here if you use WinZip or 7Zip).
- Step 3: Login into your hosting server via an FTP client tool (We recommended to use FileZilla).
- Step 4: Upload Our Theme folder into wp-content/ themes folder on your server.
- Step 5: Go to Appearance >> Themes and choose new theme has just installed and clicking the Activate button to active.
- Step 6: Once your theme is installed and active you will get a prompt at the top of your Dashboard that will ask you to install Theme‘s plugins..
Install Required Plugins
After install and active theme you need install some required plugins to make our theme working best:
Please note: with different theme will have plugins required to install. You can install plugin by click on Begin installing plugins.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.