Home Forums Themes Support General How to update WordPress theme

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  admin 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Updating the theme

1. AUTO UPDATE

– Go to Dashboard > Envato toolkit > Input your Envato Username and API Keys

input-envato-account

– To get Envato API Key you need login your Envato Account > Settings > API Keys > Generate API Key or copy exist API key

envato-api

– Open tab “Themes” and Choose Look > Update Automatic

auto-update

2. MANUAL UPDATE

Try following this steps for this.

1. Download the zip file from themeforest again
    2. Install it to different folder ( or just simply uploading via wordpress dashboard without removing the old one)
    3. Activating new theme version
    4. Set the menu to themes location at the ‘Appearance > Menu’ section.
    5. Save the theme option once
    6. Make sure everything is working properly and you can remove the old theme files out

Ho to update theme without lost any customization please?

Thank you

Hi,
    You can update theme without lost customization if you do them in child theme.
    You can follow this topic tutorial to know how to do it:

How to customize WordPress theme using Child theme

Hope this help you!

I just have it installed, but with are the steps to install the update? I tried with envato toolkit update but i received an error “Warning: function_exists() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /web/htdocs/www.xxxxxx.com/home/wp-admin/includes/class-pclzip.php on line 1770”

Hi,
    Thanks for your feedback!
    The easiest way to update theme to new version you can use FTP to update it by override old files! We’ll have topic tutorial to help customer do it asap!
    Hope this help you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.