Home Forums Themes Support Formota Player Type

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  admin 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Shoottherabbit
    Supported

Hi there,
    got a strange bug.

When I set player type on ‘player direct’ the play button in the work page or homepage links to the specific video page. Thats great. I have style 4 selected in the video page. But the play button of the video doesn’t work anymore in the video page if I put the player type in the theme to ‘player direct’. It has to work here as an popup because you can’t go into the same page over and over… you have to go to the linked video.
    The strange thing is that when I put the player type to ‘player popup’ the pop-up works in the work page as well as in the specific video page.

What I want is that the play button links to the specific video page ‘player direct’ and in the video page the player button popups the linked video in ‘player popup’

Hi,
    Thanks for contacting us and choosing our product!
    Please confirm that what you want is:
    – Single Video page: video play on popup
    – Other page: button will link to detail page (not popup)
    or what do you want, do we can have tutorial for you!

Regards,
    HaruTheme

Shoottherabbit
    Supported

So this is what I want:
    โ€“ Other pages (portfolio, work, home) play button (over image) will link to detail page (not popup)
    โ€“ Single Video page: play button should play video in popup

Thanks

Hi,
    Thanks for your feedback!
    The solution in this case you can choose in Theme Options is POPUP video.
    Then you can use child theme to customize template display follow this topic tutorial:

How to customize WordPress theme using Child theme

Example with Video Shortcode at Homepage.
    You can customize this file:
    wp-content/plugins/haru-formota-core/templates/posttypes/video/video-style/ then open file style_x.php (x is style in backend settings)
    Please change the code from:
    <a href="javascript:;" class="view-video-button" data-id="<?php echo esc_attr( the_ID() ); ?>" data-player="<?php echo esc_attr( $player_js ); ?>" data-server="<?php echo esc_attr( $video_server ); ?>"></a>
    to:
    <a href="<?php echo esc_url( get_the_permalink() ); ?>" class="view-video-button"></a>
    http://prntscr.com/ogkcvz
    Hope this help!

Regards,
    HaruTheme

Shoottherabbit
    Supported

Hi there,
    thanks for reaching out. I Tried your setup but it isn’t work yet.
    I changed the code on style_4 but nothings happening on the homepage. I also don’t see style 4 as an option in ‘Haru videos’ > video style (only 1,2,3)

Is my folder setup okay? Please see the attachment.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi,
    In our theme have 3 styles. So you can’t custom style_4.php. You can copy style_3.php (or 1, 2) to child theme and customize. Please read our topic tutorial carefully.
    Have issues with folder structure. Please see this image: http://harutheme.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/customize-plugin-templates.png (you don’t need plugins folder).
    Hope this help!

Regards,
    HaruTheme

Shoottherabbit
    Supported

Hi,
    In our theme have 3 styles. So you canโ€™t custom style_4.php. You can copy style_3.php (or 1, 2) to child theme and customize. Please read our topic tutorial carefully.
    –It was a test, I changed style_1 and inserted style_4 as an extra test. Didn’t work for both.

Have issues with folder structure. Please see this image: http://harutheme.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/customize-plugin-templates.png (you donโ€™t need plugins folder).
    Hope this help!
    –I tested both with and without plugin folder as I checked the example you send. He doesn’t seem to use the file I place in formota-child>haru-formota-core
    Check my folder it’s as you explained, I delete large parts of the code of teammember/carousel.pho but it still uses the standard plugin folder, it isn’t overwrited by the child theme file.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi,
    You don’t need templates folder. (haru-formota-core/posttypes)
    Please try again.

Regards,
    HaruTheme

Shoottherabbit
    Supported

That was the trick! Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for your feedback!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.