Home Forums Themes Support Circle Restrict the post navigation to the same category

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  admin 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Henry Vato
    Supported

Hi,

I have all my videos divided into 2 main categories “StopMotion” and “Timelapse”. All those videos are linked by the [ < previous ] and [ next > ] links regardless the category each video is in.

So, for example, when viewing the last video of “StopMotion” category, the [ next > ] video links point to the first video of “Timelapse” category. Same thing for the the first video in “Timelapse” category : the [ <previous ] link points to the last video of “StopMotion” category.

This is confusing for my clients as they can navigate throught different items presenting activities wich are very different from each other. The filter categories are usefull for me to show 2 different offers for 2 different clients.

This general post-navigation system is the same for the blog posts wich are also classified in 2 categories. Everything is mixed-up.

How to restrict post-navigation to the same category ? (for video or Post)
    How to remove the [ <previous ] and [ next > ] links for the first and last post/video of a category ?

Waiting forward for the answer.

Thank You.

Hi,
    Thanks for choosing our product!
    – First you need know how to customize theme using child theme (you will don’t lose your work when update theme).

How to customize WordPress theme using Child theme

– The second you need know about WP_Query:
    https://codex.wordpress.org/Class_Reference/WP_Query
    – To change related of video you can go to:
    wp-content/themes/haru-circle/templates/single/content-haru-video.php
    You will see the code like this: http://prntscr.com/jk47dz
    You can custom it.
    – To change related of post you can go to:
    wp-content/themes/haru-circle/templates/single/post-related.php
    You can change related post similar above.
    Hope this help you!

Best regards,
    HaruTheme

Henry Vato
    Supported

Thank you for the answer.

Mmh… helpfull, I guess but not easy ! Does it means I need to hire a developer to trick a non-practical navigation ?!

Haru should add a function to let us choose between 2 options : post-navigation links between all articles (regardless the category) or restricted to the category they are in.

Henry Vato
    Supported

Another problem/question about the navigation between videos (post)

On a Videos Page, the videos are sorted left to right: video 1, video 2, video 3… But once in a single video, the navigation goes from right to left.

Ie : [ < video 3] —– VIDEO 2 Opened —– [ video 1 >]

So, when viewing the video 1 of a category, the button linking to video 2 is on the left [< Previous ]. Although, it should be on the right [ Next > ], as it is more natural to go from left to the right as on the page with all the videos.

Ie : [ < video 1] —– VIDEO 2 Opened —– [ video 3 >]

Don’t you think it is more practical and logic ?

How to inverse the position of the videos [< Previous] and [Next >] buttons?
    Same thing for the posts.

I know it is based on default WordPress Basics Navigation, but it so annoying that some template editors change it. All this is so confusing for our clients and visitors !

Thank You !

What I have now
    What I would like to get

Henry Vato
    Supported

Hi,

Can you please answer my question about swaping previous and next navigation?

Thanks

Hi,
    Please note we already answer you on the reply above.
    You can see the query to get video related and change query to get order you want.
    In here, You can change
    'orderby' => 'rand',
    to other order in WP_Query tutorial.
    Hope this help you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.