Home Forums Themes Support PrintSpace Apply the theme without importing all the content

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    alfaritmi
    Supported

Hi, I bought the theme thinking it would be like installing the themes on Worpress directory but I ran into a lot of issues. I want to use the theme as it is on Demo 4. Isn’t there a way to just apply the theme without importing all the content with it? I already have my menu items, products, category pages, etc with my current theme.

I tried importing Demo 4 anyway but the website just broke either due to PHP settings or something else. (I can’t change them because my hosting provider doesn’t allow certain settings to be changed) Everything was jumbled up. I went back to my backup so you won’t see the theme installed there right now.

Anyway I think the main cause for the failure may be that PHP settings are not enough for all the content import. That means if I don’t import the content, it may work normally. Thanks.

Hi,
    Thanks for contacting us and choosing our product!
    If you don’t want to import all content included products & posts you can download XML files here then go to Tools -> Import to import data you want to use:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fkAMD1cF9P3NFGE7MsAsxRU_BDd02Zvd?usp=sharing

In your case you may need to import headers.xml, footers.xml, megamenu.xml, contact-form-7.xml for general data.
    Then select the folder of the Homepage you want to you and continue download XML files to import.
    With Widgets & Theme Option you can reference in this topic:

How to fix WordPress Importer missing images when import demo data?

Hope this helps!

Regards,
    HaruTheme

alfaritmi
    Supported

Hello, when I go to “Tools -> Import” to import data, I see a field like this. Do I need install this from the area I marked here and to import xml files?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi,
    You need to use WordPress Import as in your screenshot.
    If you can backup your site, you can install it on the Localhost for testing:

Home

Hope this helps!

Regards,
    HaruTheme

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.