Your account expired support, please renew to get your support.

Home Forums Themes Support Shang Blog post featured image in Haru Recent News shortcode

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    scevra
    Support Expired

Hi! regarding blog posts, I modified the height of background title image with the additional CSS you provided me and it works fine! I made it bigger in height.

Now what I really would like to do is to have that background title image as the image in the preview of posts when I use the Haru Recent News shortcode.

Now the shortcode takes the featured image as preview image, but I don’t want to use that (I don’t set a featured image for my posts), I would like to preview the background title image.
    Do you think that would be possible? Thank you again so much.

Hi,
    Thanks for contacting us about our product!
    Sorry but this function don’t have in our theme.
    If you want to do it please suggest us an custom project.
    We’ll estimate time and price for you!

Regards,
    HaruTheme

scevra
    Support Expired

Yes, if you can give me a quote for this.

My request would be only using the backgruond title image in the recent news shortcode, instead of the featured image. It’s just that.

Thank you.

Hi,
    This is customization project for our theme.
    The price for each hour we spent to do it is 20$ per hour.
    In this case we need about 2 hours to do it.
    So you need paid 40$ for it and pay a half before we start do this custom work.
    Hope this help!

Regards,
    HaruTheme

scevra
    Support Expired

Thank you for your quote, I understand…
    I try to explain better: using the featured image as thumbnail would be ok if the featured image in the post acted like a header image. To achieve this now I’m using blog title background image to have a header image and I am not setting featured image at all, but this costs me not having a thumbnail preview in post excerpt and links.

Do you think it would be possible to have the featured image above the blog post title?
    So we wouldn’t have to change the featured image preview function.
    I attach 2 screenshots of the desired result:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    scevra
    Support Expired

Maybe I found a way… I hide page title and background image, and I set the featured image.
    It works, the only thing would be changing the title position from above the image to under the image.
    We should switch that. Maybe it’s easier.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    scevra
    Support Expired

(in other words I want to change position of the featured image inside the post, I want it right under the menu and the post title would be after the image or on the image in the bottom)

Hi,
    Sorry but all custom work like change layout as position,… you need do it yourself or suggest us an custom project.
    We’ll support if theme have bugs, all customization need do as custom project!
    You can do it via child theme:

How to customize WordPress theme using Child theme

The template to customize is: wp-content/themes/shang/templates/single/content.php
    Hope this help!

Regards,
    HaruTheme

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by admin.
    scevra
    Support Expired

Ok, thank you! just one more question: if I don’t use child theme but make changes on original theme, will I lose them with theme updates? Until now, I modified css with your help directly in the main shang theme.

Hi,
    If you do customization in child theme it will lost when you update theme to latest version.
    We already said if you change CSS you can add them in Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS or child theme.

How to customize WordPress theme using Child theme

Hope this help!

Regards,
    HaruTheme

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.